Greetings all –
Here's a way we can be personally distanced and come together. We invite you to celebrate Earth Day 50 by picking up litter in your neighborhood. Even in these challenging times, we welcome your participation this year if good for YOU!
Earth Day is Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Please feel free to complete your volunteer work anytime between now and then, and bear in mind it's been a warm spring, so the earlier you get out, the less spring vegetation you will encounter!
Being outdoors collecting accumulated litter can be a safe and positive activity IF you are not sick and take the recommended precautions. Your emotional comfort is important as well. We want to share the following common sense reminders from the Stockbridge Board of Health:
- Stay 6' apart from any team member(s) (no carpooling!)
- Wash your hands – pre and post pick-up
- Wear gloves and don't touch your face
- Throw away disposable gloves or let your work gloves sit for 2 days after use
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after you remove and throw away or set aside your gloves.
- And the usual – watch out for poison ivy, ticks and traffic!
We can all feel good about how our individual and collective actions make a difference.
Please let us know if you are on board. You can reply to earthday [at] laurelhillassociation.org. Please let us know where you will pick-up litter. For logistical and supply reasons, you need to provide your own gloves and plastic bags.
We will invite you to celebratory coffee and tea at Stockbridge Coffee and Tea when we can all be together safely.
Feel free to contact any of us.
- Marie Raftery (kraftery [at] roadrunner.com - 298-4910)
- Laura Dubester (lauradubester [at] gmail.com - 298-5504)
- Lis Wheeler (jlab [at] roadrunner.com - 298-5368)
- Deb Wiswesser (dwiswesser [at] yahoo.com)
Thank you so much – On behalf of Laurel Hill Association, Marie, Laura, Lis, Deb